TAVR expert in India are doing a pretty good job bringing this new age solution technique for those suffering from Aortic Stenosis. It refers to the narrowing or shrinking of the aortic valve. It is growing among the people rapidly these days and we are not very concerned about it.
Here, we’ll talk about this problem of aortic stenosis and how can you stay safe from it forever. Also, you’ll see what TAVR really is and how is this the new hope for aortic stenosis patients.
Aortic Stenosis – Causes and Symptoms
As mentioned above, Aortic Stenosis refers to the process of narrowing of the aortic valve, thus slowing down the blood flow from the heart to the entire body.
Around 50% of the aortic stenosis patients die in 2 years’ time after the clear symptoms start to burst if they’re not treated properly.
The causes of the problem are –
- In the elderly, the wear and tear of aortic valve can cause aortic stenosis.
- The progressive wear and tear of the bicuspid valve since birth.
- Due to Rheumatic fever, the scarring of aortic valve in child and young can cause Aortic Stenosis.
The most alarming thing to notice here is that the symptoms of aortic stenosis are not very noticeable. like, in the beginning, you won’t even feel you have the problem.
However, here are the major symptoms that you should watch out for
- Chest Pain
- Blood flow is decreased to the extent that the patient won’t even breathe properly.
- Sudden fainting and blackouts
You can do a couple of easy things to stay safe from aortic stenosis. Take precautionary steps against rheumatic fever. Look after your oral health and watch out for the symptoms of coronary artery disease.
How can TAVR help patients?
TAVR or the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement has emerged as the new day savior for the aortic stenosis patients. This technique has been prominent in USA and Europe.
TAVR/TAVI expert in India, Dr. Ravinder Singh Rao of Eternal hospital, has been very skilled and concerned about this technique in the country.
Now in India too, it has started to see the same fate. It is growing as an effective tool for the treatment of aortic stenosis. TAVR expert in India are continuously employing this technique to the benefit of a large scale population.
A complete assessment is done before commencing the treatment in which a CT scan angiogram is done to determine the size of the valve required and assess the blockage in heart arteries as well as scale the leg artery through which the valve will be delivered.
The new valve gets positioned within the damaged aortic heart valve and starts functioning immediately. Dr. Rao has performed a number of TAVR surgeries and has established himself as one of the finest TAVR expert in the country.
Some TAVR Surgery examples
There has been 2 instances of TAVR surgeries that you should know of:
- A 65-year old Bangladeshi resident came with a severely calcified aortic heart valve. There was a life-threatening risk in a second open-heart surgery. So, his dismantled valve was successfully replaced with TAVR and was discharged within 3 days.
- A 150-kg man with difficulty in breathing with severe aortic stenosis was diagnosed who already had one open-heart surgery in past. He couldn’t fully recover from it. TAVR was offered and was done successfully discharging him within 4 days.